Ikh Zasag International University (IZIU) was founded in 1994 and it is comprehensive university with 10 branch schools. It’s very honorable that IZIU is named by the title of Main Code for the period of Chinggis Khaan – ‘IKH ZASAG’ (‘Great Governance’).
IZIU consists of two campuses and has been carrying on its educational and research activities in twenty years since its foundation. Currently about 7500 students including international students are studying in over 50 majors of undergraduate and graduate programs at the IZIU. Over 12000 students graduated from the University for the past period. About 90 percent of them are already employed.
A founder and President of Ikh Zasag International University, “Meritorious teacher” of Mongolia, doctor of historical science, professor Nyam-Osor Namsrai is a member of Scientists and Experts Council under the President of Mongolia and the Chairman of Academy of Nomadic Culture and Civilization, a member of Council under Minister of Education and Science of Mongolia and a head of Mongolian Private Institutions’ Association.
The University has been accredited until 2015 by the National Council on Higher Educational Accreditation.
The University has been awarded with a great number of awards including the World Quality Commitment Award in the Platinum Category in 2013 and International Quality Crown Award in 2008 by BID; the Award ‘Mongolian Top’ in educational field of ‘TOP 3’ by public opinion in 2005. Also IZIU is the University with Excellent Cultivated Environment in the Capital City Ulaanbaatar” by the Capital City Governor’s office in 2006, one of the Top – 5 Mongolian Universities with Best Management” by The Mongolian High Educational Management Institute in 2002 and Excellent Investing Organization in educational Field by Mongolian Youth Federation in 2000.
Foreign relations and international cooperation are the most significant in policy and strategy of the Ikh Zasag International University. We adhere to open, active, real and mutually beneficial cooperation principles in our international cooperation. Currently, we have been cooperating with about 50 international partners from Russia, China, Japan, USA, Great Britain, France, Korea, Germany, Cyprus, Singapore, Malaysia and since our foundation.
As a result of our real and amicable cooperation, “Chinggis Sosei” International Relations School in collaboration with Japan in 2000 and “Jaesan Chinggis Khaan” Foreign Language and Culture School in collaboration with South Korea in 2005 were established. Therefore, we conduct a number of student exchange programs with foreign universities.
Currently, about 120 international students and 20 masters have graduated from the Ikh Zasag University for past years. Moreover, about 220 students are studying in foreign countries in line with the framework of student exchange programs.
The cooperation shall be formed in the following fields:
- Student exchange short and long term programs;
- Professors’ exchange for lecture, studies and research;
- Language foundation training;
- Educational journey and tourism in Mongolia;
- Exchange of theses, teaching materials and other scientific and academic literatures;
- Graduate and undergraduate programs;
- Short term activities such as summer school, overseas field training, international joint scientific conferences, workshops, foreign language training and etc.
The University has been awarded with a great number of awards, cups and other prizes from the Government of Mongolia and non-governmental organizations. For instance:
- The award “The Excellent Investing Organization in Educational Field” by Mongolian Youth Federation in 2000;
- The award “The leading Organization on Market” by Mongolian Students’ Union in 2000;
- The award “One of the Top -5 Mongolian Universities with Best Management” by The Mongolian High Educational Management Institute in 2002;
- The award on scientific and educational fields “The leading and Excellent Organization on Market” by Mongolian Marketing Committee in 2003;
- The award “Friend of Children, Owner of Charity” by the Government of Mongolia and The National Committee for Children in 2004;
- The award “Mongolian Top” in educational field of “TOP 3” by public opinion poll in 2005;
- The cup “A Customer is the King-2005” and award of Excellent Organization in 2005;
- The award “Educational Construction – Ikh Zasag University” by Mongolian Students’ Union and Capital City Administrative Authority in 2006;
- The award “Colleagues without crimes and violations” by Police office of Bayanzurkh district, Ulaanbaatar city in 2004, 2006;
- The award “The University with Excellent Cultivated Environment in the Capital City Ulaanbaatar” by the Capital City Governor’s office in 2006;
- “International Quality Crown award” by BID in 2008, London and etc.,
- “World Quality commitment award” by BID in 2013, Paris and ect